Software Freedom Day 2017
It’s Good to be FREE
A celebration of FOSS Technologies and Communities
September 16, 2017
Hosting SFD Philippines 2017 at Your School
Hosting an SFD celebration at your school is as simple as securing a venue on September 16th, creating a program custom-fit to your interests and needs, and coordinating with the Software Freedom Network. We will help you look for IT professionals and open source advocates to give you a range of talks to introduce you to free open source software topics of your choice, as well as link you with sponsors who can help provide FOSS materials for your school.
Among the topics up for discussion for this year’s celebration of Software Freedom Day are:
- Software Freedom with Free Open Source Software
- Liberte! Introducing Philippine Open Source Communities
- Free Culture
- FOSS Legislation
- FOSS for Arts ((Inkscape, Blender, Audio Production, GIMP, Game Development, etc.)
- FOSS for Developers (Drupal, Docker, Python, Android, Ruby, etc.)
- FOSS for Education (LibreOffice, Wikimedia, Moodle, etc.)
- Open Content and Data Visualization (Ushahidi, Open Street Map, Orange, etc.)
- Introduction to Linux and Linux Systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Red Hat, etc.)
- Open Hardware (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Galileo, etc.)
- FOSS for Business (OpenBSD, MySQL, Apache, etc.)
- FOSS for Science (MAXIMA, Cadabra, SciPy, PSPP, R, etc.)
- FOSS and IOT (programming sensors with open hardware, sensor data analytics)
Interested? Kindly fill up this form at http://bit.ly/SFDPH2017-host-application and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
For questions and inquiries, please contact Ana, our SFD Philippines 2017 school coordinator via landline: 282-4129 or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Computer Professionals’ Union (CPU) is a non-stock, non-profit, non-government organization of workers, professionals, students and ICT Advocates of ICT united in common goal of working for and ICT that can assist and serve the real development needs of the people. This means the development of an ICT sector, in the Philippines as well as globally, that is just, environmentally sustainable, and socially responsible.
The Junior Computer Professionals’ Union (JCPU) was launched as the youth arm of the ICT advocacy organization CPU in 2010. It aims to bring CPU’s principles on Freedom of Information, Privacy of Information, ICT Sector Welfare, and Open Appropriate Technology in the halls of the academe.
Advocates of Science and Technology for the People or AGHAM, is an organization of patriotric, pro-people science and technology advocates, bounded together by a common interest of promoting science and technology that genuinely serve the interest of the Filipino people, especially the poor. AGHAM Youth is the youth counterpart in universities and colleges in the Philippines.
The Agham Youth is a student organization established in March 1999 in recognition of the need for a renewal of the advocacy for the development and utilization of science and technology that shall be of service to the broad masses of the people.